Domestic Abuse Data
Here is some information to help understand the history of domestic violence/abuse in the military. The sad part is that female/male soldiers have lost their lives to domestic violence as recently as 2019. Domestic violence is more likely to lead to homicide and leaving the abuser is by far the most dangerous time for victims.
- LCpl Maria Lauterbach/Homicide (2007)
- Maria Lauterbach Sexual Assault Hearing (2008) - this was sexual assault and interpersonal violence
- Jennifer Norris Testimony to HASC (2013)
Domestic violence is more likely to lead to homicide and leaving the abuser is by far the most dangerous time for victims.
- Samatha Field/Army Spouse (2018)
- Abree Boykin/Army Spouse (2018)
- Sgt. Brittany Silvers/Army (2018)
- Debbie Forrest/Army Spouse (2019)
- Staff Sgt Amy Colburn/Army (2019)
- Pvt. Paige Briles (2016) - case was reopened by CID (Fort Hood).
- Pfc. Shadow McClaine (2016) - abuse, divorce, homicide
- Dawn Giffa/Army Spouse (2015) - Lawsuit Against Army (Negligence at Fort Hood)
- Recruit Michelle Miller (2013) - Michelle's Law
"In God we trust, through God we serve."
But let justice roll on like a river, righteousness like a never-failing stream!